Full Moon Ritual Ideas and Journal Prompts
The full moon is a potent time for magic and self-reflection. In this article, we’ll explore creative ways to harness the energy of the full moon in your spiritual practices and provide journal prompts to deepen your connection with the lunar cycle.
Full Moon Ritual Ideas
During the full moon we have the chance to step back and reflect on all that’s been created during this past lunar cycle. It’s important to also take time to pause, reflect, celebrate what you have accomplished and let go of what you no longer need. A ritual can be a simple or as complex as you need it to be. But I will often start with a short meditation session to ground and center myself before diving into the ritual work itself and then closing out with gratitude to the universe, and any deities invoked. Some ideas to start building your own full moon ritual around could be:
Moon Bathing and Cleansing Ritual Harness the full moon’s cleansing energy by taking a moonlit bath. Add herbs, crystals, or essential oils to your bathwater, and visualize releasing negative energies as you soak.
Moonlit Meditation Under the full moon, find a quiet spot outdoors or by a window, and meditate to connect with the moon’s energy. Focus on your intentions, and let the moon’s glow fill you with positivity.
Candle Magic Light a candle during the full moon, and infuse it with your intentions. As it burns, visualize your desires manifesting. Choose candle colors that align with your intentions.
Moonwater Creation Place a container of purified water under the full moon’s light overnight. This moonwater can be used for various magical purposes, from blessing objects to anointing tools.
Full Moon Tarot Reading The full moon can be a very powerful time for divination. Try my full moon tarot spread, get a reading from me, or create your own tarot spread! Make sure to record your reading and your thoughts in your tarot journal to reference later.
Full Moon Journaling Prompts
After grounding myself I generally start my ritual with journaling. Journaling can be a great way to connect with your gratitude, challenges and make peace with what you need to release and let go of. Every full moon I create a sacred space (even if it’s just in my house!) and spend some time journaling, with some of the following prompts:
- What am I grateful for right now?
- What has happened in the past month that I feel most grateful for?
- What do I appreciate about my own mind, body, and spirit?
- What tiny miracles show up in my world?
- What do I love most about my life right now?
What do I love most about myself right now?
- What obstacles and challenges have taught me meaningful life lessons recently?
- What’s one of my favorite memories from the past month? What’s one of the hardest?
- How have your relationships changed and grown this past month?
- Was there anything holding me back from reaching my goals this month?
What did I spend too little or too much time on this month?
- What do you need to surrender to this month?
- I choose to let go of the things I can’t control, including…
- What secrets are you holding onto and what harm are they causing?
- Which relationships in your life no longer serve you?
Harnessing the power of the full moon is a sacred and empowering practice. By incorporating these journal prompts and ritual ideas into your spiritual practice, you can deepen your connection with the lunar cycle, amplify your magical intentions, and embark on a transformative journey guided by the moon’s radiant energy. Embrace the magic of the full moon and watch your witchcraft practices flourish under its luminous glow.